Community, Business and Political Leaders Gather to Endorse Travel’s Economic and Cultural Benefits During National Travel and Tourism Week
Wilkes-Barre, PA – Sundance Vacations celebrates travel and tourism community during National Travel and Tourism Week in support of the many ways travel contributes to the community.
The theme of this year’s NTTW, “Travel Matters,” highlights the innumerable ways in which travel makes up the fabric of America’s culture and economy. Each day of National Travel and Tourism Week will celebrate a different facet of travel: the economy, new experiences, jobs, infrastructure, health benefits, hometown pride and how travel strengthens families.
The event is part of the 36th annual National Travel and Tourism Week (NTTW), which unites communities across the country to celebrate how travel matters to American jobs, economic growth and personal well-being.
“Just look at the numbers. Travel supports one in nine American jobs, including Sundance Vacations right here in Wilkes-Barre,” said John Dowd, Co-Founder, Sudnance Vacations. “This week, we are celebrating travel’s powerful impact on our community. We’re calling on everyone—from elected officials to all of our local friends and neighbors—to join us in saluting this important industry, and to support pro-travel legislation at the local, state and national level.”
“In every pocket of America—from the largest cities to the smallest towns—travel matters,” said U.S. Travel Association President and CEO Roger Dow. “I, like so many others, got my start in the travel industry, and it shaped my life in ways I could have never imagined. This National Travel and Tourism Week, we’re celebrating how travel powers our economies, strengthens our communities, and changes our lives.”
From small businesses to large attractions, travel employs a diverse workforce in Pennsylvania:
- 234,130 jobs are supported by travel and tourism in Pennsylvania.
- Travel and tourism generates 3.9 Billion in local tax revenue for Pennsylvania.
These local figures are an important part of travel’s economic importance nationwide:
- Travel is a $2.5 trillion industry in the U.S.
- These visitors support 15.7 million American jobs—roughly 8.9 million direct travel jobs, and 6.8 million indirect jobs.
- Travel-related spending generated $171 billion in federal, state and local tax revenue in 2018.
- Sundance Vacations Facebook
- Sundance Vacations Twitter
- Sundance Vacations Instagram
- Sundance Vacations YouTube
Latest posts by Sundance Vacations (see all)
- Delaware & Lehigh Heritage Half Marathon - October 10, 2019
- Sundance Vacations Celebrates National Travel and Tourism Week - April 9, 2019
- Sundance Vacations 2018 Sweepstakes Winners! - March 28, 2019