On Sunday, May 12, 2019, the Sundance Vacations Pittsburgh office employees will be celebrating Mother’s Day by participating in the 2019 Komen Pittsburgh Race for the Cure! The 27th annual Susan G. Komen Pittsburgh Race for the Cure will be held on Flagstaff Hill at Schenley Park.
This year, the Pittsburgh Race for the Cure will honor and recognize breast cancer survivors, Forever Fighters, and those we have lost to this disease in many special ways.
One way of recognizing someone is with a “Who’s Your One” poster. These posters will feature participants special messages and line the Schenley Bridge as participants enter Flagstaff Hill. This poster honors “the one who you Race for, the one who you fight for.”
Through the race alone, Komen Pittsburgh has raised over $33 million! This helps them support education, screening, and treatment initiatives, including the Mammogram Voucher Program, which provides free Mammograms to women in need.
6:30 a.m. – Registration T-Shirt/Bib Pick-Up
7:15 a.m. – Warm Up
7:45 a.m. – Kids Dash (start line near Giant Eagle Tent)
8:00 a.m. – Survivor and Thriver Parade and Tribute
8:35 a.m. – 5K Chip-Timed Run Start
8:45 a.m. – 5K Walk and One Mile Fun Walk Start
Awards Ceremony immediately following the Race.
At last year’s race there were about 18,000 in attendance, including approximately 2,000 breast cancer survivors!
More about Susan G. Komen Greater Pennsylvania
The work of Susan G. Komen Greater PA is a continual effort to meet the breast health needs of the affiliate’s 53-county service area across Pennsylvania, with 75% of all funds raised staying in the community and supporting breast cancer education, screening, and treatment initiatives, while the remaining 25% of all funds raised support Komen’s National Grant Program that funds research programs throughout the country. Through its year-round efforts, Komen Greater PA has raised nearly $25 million to help fund local breast health education, screening, and treatment initiatives, as well as $10 million for breast cancer research.
Today, and every day, Komen Greater Pennsylvania works to save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer.
Interested in working for a company that loves to give back to its community? Check out Sundance Vacations Pittsburgh on Glassdoor!
- Sundance Vacations Facebook
- Sundance Vacations Twitter
- Sundance Vacations Instagram
- Sundance Vacations YouTube
Check out what it’s like to visit one of our offices!
Sundance Vacations, headquartered in Wilkes-Barre, PA, shows you reviews and walks you through an office visit!
As always, be sure to SUBSCRIBE to Sundance Vacations YouTube!
Latest posts by Robert Orloski (see all)
- Sundance Vacations Pittsburgh Participates in 2019 Komen Pittsburgh Race for the Cure® - May 9, 2019
- Sundance Vacations acts as Presenting Sponsor for the 2019 Chamber of Commerce Annual Golf Tournament! - May 6, 2019
- Receive 50 loyalty points for booking these destinations by January 29, 2019! - January 4, 2019