Love is defined as a feeling of warm personal attachment or strong liking for another.
What effect would love have on the workplace? Before we get too far ahead of ourselves, let me first introduce you to the concept of “Love Week”, a week-long celebration created by the CEO of Mindvalley, Vishen Lakhiani.
Now that you’ve watched the video, you have a little bit better understanding of what “Love Week” is all about. Giving and receiving admiration in the workplace can help you and others to feel like a valued asset to the company, more so than just a worker.
What happens when you feel valued? Cared about? Important to culture of the company?
You will become more engaged, more focused and of course, through those two things, more productive.
Studies show that more people who receive social support at work are 10 times more likely to be highly engaged on what they are doing. People who reported having a best friend at work, were seven times more likely to be highly engaged. The question is, what does this mean for the workforce?
Having a social connection to someone, or a bunch of someones, can create a tight-knit, social network. In other words, it can make you feel more like a family.
Now, you may be saying, “I think that having a best friend at work would cause me to be less productive.” However, this is not the case. People who have a best friend in their workplace are more likely to go that extra mile to help them out. Staying a few extra minutes to help out becomes a pleasure, not a necessity. Combine this with an ability to share laughs, ideas and successes and it gives you the perfect way to combat stress, problems and ever-growing workloads.
With a network of people who care about each other, anything can be accomplished. This goes for everything in life. A family, a sports team and especially a workplace.
So take a week and share the love!
What is Love Week?
- Think Secret Santa meets Valentine’s Day!
- Everyone draws a name and that becomes your “human” for the week, you will be their “secret angel”
- Keep this a secret!
- Throughout the Love Week, you can do things that show appreciation towards your “human”
- Giving little gifts, writing encouraging words, creating a playlist, decorating their desks or even something as simple as getting them their favorite coffee can be great ways to show appreciation.
- Don’t focus too much on monetary value, it’s the thought that counts!
- During the week you will also be receiving appreciation from your “secret angel” so you can feel the love too!
- At the end of the week you will reveal to your “human” that you were their “secret angel”
- Congratulations, you’ve just made a friend! As well as built a stronger bond between yourself and your co-workers.
We encourage all of our employees to take part and feel free to tag Sundance Vacations in those social media posts!
To read more about “Love Week” as well as ideas and tips, check out the page here: “Mindvalley’s Love Week”
You can also visit our Facebook page and view the album of photos from the week of festivities: “Facebook Album: Sundance Vacations Celebrates Love Week”
Check out some of the fun stuff that happened during Love Week on the Sundance Vacations YouTube Channel. This video shows some of the action from the start of the week: “Sundance Vacations Celebrates Love Week Video”
For more updates from Sundance Vacations, be sure to like the Sundance Vacations Facebook page, follow us on the Sundance Vacations Twitter, check out or cool photos on the Sundance Vacations Instagram and watch our videos on YouTube!