Sundance Vacations partnered with the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders, Allegiant Air, and the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport to make one lucky fan’s dream of attending spring training come true!
After receiving thousands of entries from our website and our partners, 10 lucky fans were invited to the Gildan Triple A National Championship Game at PNC Field on September 19th! During the second inning, the Ultimate Finalists, along with Executive Director of Wilkes-Barre Scranton International Airport, Carl R. Beardsley Jr., Lackawanna County Commissioner, Laureen A. Cummings and Sundance Vacations Digital Media and SEO Coordinator, Robert Orloski took the field to draw the lucky fan from a hat!
After much anticipation, a name was pulled from the hat, and with a leap in the air, Eric G. from Fanwood, NJ was ecstatic to hear his name called! Having driven from New Jersey to Scranton, being chosen made the trip worth it even more!
Details of the Spring Training trip:
- 2 Roundtrip flight tickets from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport (AVP) to Tampa/St Pete (PIE)
- 3 Nights in a hotel
- 2 New York Yankee Spring Training Games in 2018 (2 tickets to each game)
- VIP Game Experiences
- RailRiders and Yankee swag bags to show your team colors at Steinbrenner Field
Learn more about the New York Yankees Spring Training Schedule for 2018: mlb.com/yankees/tickets/spring/
More about the Gildan Triple A National Championship Game
Prior to the game, Fan Fest was at 4:00 PM and included food trucks and NBA Hall of Famer, Allen Iverson of the Philadelphia 76ers and Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleaders!
The Gildan Triple A National Championship Game started at 7:07 PM and was shown live on NBC Sports, and was a winner take all one-game format.
More than 9,000 fans filled the stands to watch the game between the Durham Bulls and Memphis Redbirds. International League champs, Durham Bulls, won the national championship game 5-3.
The night wasn’t just about baseball either, the RailRiders used the night to raise money for their partner, Stand Up To Cancer! Their mission is to make everyone diagnosed with cancer a survivor by accelerating the pace of research.
Check out all Sundance Vacations sweepstakes winners!
Be sure to enter our sweepstakes next time you see us at an event or fill out a raffle online by seeing if you qualify for a trip on Sundance Vacations.
For more information, updates, travel tips and news from Sundance Vacations, be sure to follow us on the following social media outlets:
- Sundance Vacations Facebook
- Sundance Vacations Twitter
- Sundance Vacations Instagram
- Sundance Vacations YouTube
— Sundance Vacations (@travelsundance) September 29, 2017
Latest posts by Robert Orloski (see all)
- Coming soon to a galaxy near you! - August 14, 2018
- Sundance Vacations Supports the 10th Annual Pauly Friedman 5K Family Walk/Run! - July 18, 2018
- Sundance Vacations Supports the Boys & Girls Clubs of Northeastern Pennsylvania - April 25, 2018